I got some writing in this afternoon and I’m very happy with how much I got done and what the whole scene was about. It allowed for some perspective into the other characters and I think it revealed some things about them that you would otherwise not find out. I enjoy writing things like that. I think it helps make the characters seem fuller and less flat.
Anyway, I have been having a lot of difficulty with the word counts. I have been adding them in as I go along, keeping track of it both on the National Novel Writing Month site and in a notebook. I also decided to download the template for Scrivener and copy all that I wrote since the beginning of the month. All three totals are different for some reason and I’m not sure what I am actually at total wise. They aren’t far off from each other but they’re different enough that it’s making me feel confused and concerned. I need to figure out how to scramble my work so I can validate it through the National Novel Writing Month site and see what number it ends up giving me. I’m hoping for something remotely consistent here because I don’t want to find out I’m missing a number of words by the end of the month.
I certainly hope that none of you are running into this problem. My brother regaled me with horror stories the other day of how some people found out when they submitted it at the last possible moment, that they were down 1000 words. I don’t want to run into that problem. I don’t think I will but I still don’t want that to happen to anyone. That would feel awful.